Dublin, Ireland

My name is Jana Rocholl and during my everyday life I have no notable affiliation with the area of architecture. I am a trainee nurse setting her eyes on medical school and I currently live in Düsseldorf, Germany, having previously moved from multiple towns within this country.

After being shortly introduced to the subject of architecture and it's history in school, I retained a lively interest in it and have seen this MOOC as a great opportunity to delve deeper into the subject, especially since I had visited Rome a few years ago and was delighted to recognise quite a few of the buildings.

Rome has impressed me greatly due to it's beauty and liveliness, as well as due to the sheer number of historical buildings, which is greater than in any other town I could think of and in past and present has inspired architectural development throughout the world.

For my very own project I have chosen to reflect on the city of Dublin.

I have a very deep emotional connection with this city as I have been fascinated by Ireland and it's history for a number of years and have read and heard a great deal about it. Unfortunately I was only able to visit the city once for a few days, but I have my mind quite set on moving there for some years at a time when my life circumstances allow it.

View of Dublin's O'Connell Bridge from above

http://www.abenteurer.net/wp-content/uploads/Dublin.jpg

Work on this portfolio was created as part of the Notre Dame/edX MOOC "The Meaning of Rome: The Renaissance and Baroque City" in 2016.